These past few days, we have seen an ugly side to the weather in Germany. The wind this morning was the kind that probably could take you up up and away like Mary Poppins. I'd love nothing more than to lounge around in my wool socks and pjs drinking a big mug of hot chocolate, but then I see those big eyes, which belong to mutts that don't really care if it's raining and the wind chill factor is nearing freezing point. It was pure motherly love that got me to put on everything that still fit and took the boys out to play fetch in the hurricane-forced wind. I have it uber easy comparing to the guys out in the field. The weather there is much worse and their compound is just a small step up from living in tents. With any luck Wil will be able to come home next week for his appointment at Landstuhl. The plan is that he's going to get a treatment that will cause him excruciating pain and the inability to properly walk on his birthday. I know you won't forget this one any time soon, Baby!
Other than that there's not much to tell. I've been hanging out with my wonderful new friend Carol a lot. She just got here 3 weeks ago and her husband went to the field the same time Wil did. She's a little down, as you can imagine, so we're going to have girls' day out this weekend. It'll be the perfect opportunity to introduce her to some of the friends I've made here.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment