Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Lost Innie

It must be that piece of pumpkin pie before bed that finally did it. I woke up to go to the bathroom at 4 a.m. and saw my reflection in the mirror. The dark ring around my belly button caught my attention. Then I realized what it was. You know how a gecko can blend into its environment? Apparently certain part of my skin does that, too. Like the one that was darker because it was INSIDE of my previously normal looking belly button. After nearly 30 years of residing somewhere deep, dark, and cavernous, that the darker skin appeared to be rather confused and out of place making its debut to the world of light. But not as much as me. I thought this would happen later. I am completely freaked out by my own anatomy. The whole belly button thing kinda goes with my irrational fear of a huge pregnant belly. It's not completely out yet but I am definitely losing some prime realestate there. I now look like Pillbury's Dough Boy after getting his tummy poked. It's an indentation, which technically should not be qualified as a belly button. Apparently pumpkin is the Baby Miracle Grow. I never felt more pregnant than today (er, duh?), apart from being slightly grossed out. Maybe I was in so much pain last week because The Kid knew he was packing on extra poundage this week and needed to make some room.

3 comments:

  1. I don't believe it. Post a picture, dang it!

    I waited and waited for my belly button to pop out and it never did. It finally became flush with the rest of my belly at the end. I must have a belly button abyss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine never popped out either! Aren't these changes fun (well some of them)? I remember those painful ligament pains, ouch. They happened at night for me and yes, I think that means your uterus is expanding at an alarming rate because your little man needs more room to GROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your posts. :) I hope you find a way to have an excellent thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete