Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's a Hot One

When we were living in North Carolina, 80-degree weather was considered pleasant, mainly because we had an option of kicking back in our air-conditioned house. Not so here. In about a week, the temperature climbed up 30 degrees and left us very miserable. Chase took it the hardest and was super fussy. It got so bad that when she nursed we both ended up dripping sweat afterward. Needless to say, we stuck around the house with the fans going full blast after a short walk in town nearly did Brutus in. By Sunday we caved and bought a used-11,000-BTU portable AC from a family that was PCSing. You should see the grin on Wil's face when he cranked that thing up. It's also very nice to be able to sleep without a sticky baby in my arms.

I've been trying to upload video clips of the kid but had to quit after over 20 minutes of waiting for the thing to finish. I'm not sure if this is the norm for Blogger, but I'll keep trying. In the meantime, enjoy the pics!


She's getting chunky!

You will melt if you go outside.

My new bestfriend, AC.

A much happier baby.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big she's getting already!!!

    Congrats on AC!! I couldn't imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Chasie's shirt, but no more than mom, i'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys...just stoppin by to say hello, and of course, Chase is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big and yes AC is definitely a lifesaver! Glad you found a nice used one to cool off your apt, I can't imagine having a hot baby in my arms with no AC in the summer, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! AC rocks! Glad you guys are comfy now. :-)

    ReplyDelete