Saturday, June 14, 2008

Naps Are For Sissies

We are starting to sleep train Chase. Or should I say Wil is starting to sleep train Chase? I'm such a push over. One crocodile tear and a sad face get her out of her crib faster than I can finish saying, "momma is soooo sorry." We're using the "No Tear" method, and I firmly believe that this is far harder on me than it is on her. I'm just having a hard time letting go of my little baby. Chase knows this and is playing momma like a card. Yesterday, the girl, who was just a second ago too sleepy to protest, immediately woke up cooing and smiling as soon as her little butt touched the crib and went with zero nap all day. Man, this parenting thing is hard.

We're hoping to take a day trip somewhere this weekend, but the weather is cold and rather wet. I'm not sure if it's the best idea to dangle a newborn out in it all day. We shall see. Anyhow, my mom asked for some smiley pictures while we were on the phone together today, and my little ham was only too happy to comply.







Also, our 2-year anniversary was on the 10th, and Wil got me these gorgeous flowers. Hard to believe that we've only been married for 2 years (together for almost 4) considering we've gone through 4 cars, 3 houses, a loss of Conner, two adoptions of unruly monkeys named Brutus and Paddy, a really big move across the ocean, and a birth of our child. Never can say our lives are uneventful. Here's to the Steinhauer Adventure for years to come!

3 comments:

  1. The advice on napping that I can offer is to get her on somewhat of a routine whenever you can. Man, does it make for easier afternoons and happy babies when they get older. I didn't let him start crying in his crib til about 3 months old, and then it was for 3 min or so. He is used to his morning and afternoon naps that now he doesn't cry much after I lay him down, it's as though he is relieved to be on a routine.

    Of course we had our days of crying for longer than 5 min and the constant rocking, crib crying, rocking crib crying etc... you will figure it out, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I've got no advice on the naps situation, but I usually fight when I'm told to take one myself. I'll be ready to see what advice you get because I'm sure we'll be facing this in about 6 months.

    Oh, and congrats on the 2 years! Jill and I celebrated our 2 years back in March, and it blows us away. Time flies, especially when you've got a lot going on, and you Steinhauers definitely live up to the adventure title. Just keep this blog rolling along cause I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys on your two year anniversary. And we all love Chasie's pics very much. Keep on posting more.

    ReplyDelete