I felt kind of bad for a while that we rarely put Chase to sleep on her own. It is so hard to let go of a warm sleepy bundle of love, and most of the time we just let her sleep on our chests. Stacks of parenting books would say that we really can't spoil her by doing that at this age and we are taking full advantage of it because these moments are literally flying by. Slowly but surely, my baby girl is inserting her very own independence. She can nap in her bassinet or crib alone for a long time now and is sleeping much longer at night. She's getting so big so quickly now, too. We've got one of those banana babies--you know, the kind that doesn't pack on much around the middle but rather the long way. I am relieved that she inherits her father's long legs and is spared a life time of walking on the hem of her pants like her mother. But that also means outgrowing clothes for 3-month old babies when she's just over 5 weeks. Before I know it, she'll be taller than me, a task not entirely difficult to achieve.
Anyway, here are a few cute pictures from this morning. I was hoping that Wil would wake up after I passed him Chase to hold and in turn she would rouse to feed. Naturally, I was wrong on both accounts.

Poor Paddy is still adjusting to not being able to cuddle with his papa whenever he wants. For now, he'd settle for being as close to him as he can. Bless his heart.

Last but not least, my sister Kwan finally forwarded me some pictures of her wedding last weekend. It really sucked that I missed it but it looked like fun was had by all. This one is from the morning traditional Thai ceremony. Doesn't she look beautiful? And I think this is the first time that I ever see Non in a suit. You both clean up nicely, although I'm sure Non still smells :D.
wow! I'm behind on reading your blog so I had to go to the bottom and scroll up. I saw that picture of your sister and brother before reading the post. I thought it was an image from a movie you must have recentally watched. Your sister is beautiful....
ReplyDelete...but not more beautiful than Chase :). Glad to hear everyone is doing well.