Wil had his scheduled bone scan yesterday at Landstuhl. We got to the Nuclear Medicine Department and checked in with the receptionist, who promptly asked me "is there a possibility of pregnancy?" The first thing that came to my mind was "it's the empire waist dress! I'm not really THAT big!" She went on to explain that since Wil, and possibly many other patients, would become slightly radioactive after the injection, I should not be in the waiting room with all of them if there was a chance that I was with child. Well, I guess there's always a possibility since we're really not stopping it. Wil had to wait another 3 hours after the initial injection before going back to finish the scan, so we walked around the hospital, snacked, watched TV (him), and napped (me). The technician informed us afterwards that Wil would be radioactive for about a day and a half. I'm thinking he might glow under the black light, but so far My Radioactive Man seems fairly normal. Now he has to schedule the last appointment with his neurosurgeon to go over the scan and decide on which procedure to perform. Will keep you posted.
I am going to a Conversational German class tonight. Wil was going to take it with me, but he had already signed up for a college math class at the same time. At least we'll be in the same building. Too bad the dogs can't come with, or we would have had ourselves a family outing twice a week.
Here's a grammar question for ya. I was taught in school to use present tense in story telling, but Wil questioned that. As you may notice, I actually use both past and present tenses in our blog. We tried looking this up on the internet, and there were valid arguments for both sides. Any thoughts? Moms?
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


If you're telling a story about something you've already participated in, then it should be told in past tense. I noticed how some of your blogs are in present tense, so I figured I'd comment. Sorry, I'm with your bald-one on this argument. :)
ReplyDelete