So we changed our weekend plan, again. We were going to go to Trier and drive through the romantic road, but there's going to be a big Roman Fest in Trier next weekend. Lots of people in costumes, food, booze, and fireworks. We can wait a week to partay. Not to say that we're just going to hang around the house and nap until then. We'll be hitting Deutsche Weinstrasse or the German Wine Road. On a bike! Well, not the whole way anyway. The plan is that we're going to drive about an hour to a beautiful town called Bad Duerkheim (I still can't find the right key combination to put little dots on the u), park and bike around town. Apparently, the whole road is just one little vineyard after the next, so the plan is to bike, park, drink, eat, take pictures, climb back on bike, park, drink, eat, etc. You get the idea. We'll try to do that for a whole day or until a) our butts and legs refuse to get back on the bikes, b) we're too drunk to bike, or c) I hurt myself attempting to be athletic. More than likely C will come way before we even get anywhere near A or B. If this weekend proves to be as enjoyable as I hope, we'll invest in two good bikes, but for now $10-a-day rental from our MWR will do just fine. We did have to buy a bike rack for our car and two helmets. Well, I could have used a helmet from the rental place but other people's germs from their sweaty foreheads invoke greater fear in me than spending $15 on something I might never use again. As for Wil's, have you seen the size of his noggin? I'll just leave it at that.
Last but not least, Wil has to get a bone scan this upcoming Monday. This will be the last test to determine whether he'll be a candidate for a disc replacement surgery. I'll be with him at Landstuhl all day and hopefully able to snap a few sexy pictures of him in a hospital gown for your viewing pleasure.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment