I'm not sure what kind of fun the Deutsch Telecom people are having with my internet wiring, but we can not get connection at all for the past few days. I'm, again, stealing wireless connection from my neighbor. Sorry, Fritz. I just want to put up a quick update, so that you know I haven't abandoned you little people.
I've had a very busy week between my Converational German class, training at work, and keeping up with the fam and house. Wil's side of activities will be picking up as well as the soldiers return from the field. And Landstuhl called for his final consult with his neurosurgeon! We'll be there on September 10th, and hopefully I'll be able to share with you a set surgery date.
The boys are doing excellent. They went swimming this week and bagged a few more play pals. We also found a pseudo dog park by our grocery store. It was an old softball field with fencing all around. Now the pups and their little friends can try to kill each other in relative safety.
Needless to say, we haven't done anything with the house. I think we'll be able to finish painting by the end of Monday. We'll see. The weather is still way too nice to stay inside and paint. Baumholder has a festival going on this weekend, and we are determined to sample the food from every single booth. I couldn't find any spiebraten yesterday but was mightily satisfied by this incredible roasted pork served on a warm bun and topped with caramelized onion. For dessert, I had some kind of puff pastry ball that was dusted with powdered sugar, filled with whipped cream, and drizzled with some thing that tasted like Bailey. Oh my. I looked as happy as the boys do when they find a nice fresh pile of cat poop. I'm going to be back in town to help them set up the kitchen so they could feed me lunch and dinner before I have to head into my first night shift, which is from 5-9. So far working late is the only thing I don't like about this job.
Alright, gotta go wake everyone up and feed them breakfast. Hopefully, my next update will be streamed via my very own internet connection.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment