I'm mustering up more energy to update the blog, so hang tight for some cute pics this weekend. Just read something funny about the crazy pace women subject themselves to getting back in shape after having a baby and thought I would share something funny that is sort of related. If I thought the comments I got while being pregnant with Chase was insensitive and reflected how utterly clueless men could be, it was only because I hadn't met the woman who trumped them all. On the day that we were discharged from the hospital, my pride led me to test the strength of the stitches and decline to be wheeled out to the car. I, with Wil, who was carrying a peacefully sleeping baby in her infant car seat, next to me, hobbled what appeared to be the longest walk of my life. Just as I was stepping my foot out of the hospital door and into the parking lot, a woman, with a child of her own in tow, stopped to marvel at sleeping Chase, looked at me, nodded at my tummy, and said "so you already have another one on the way, huh?" I wasn't even sure if she wasn't blind. There was no mistaking a two-day old infant. Did she not see that I was holding on to the side rail for support and all red in the face from a simple act of walking? Understandably, I had a pooch, but COME. ON!!! My legs were in stir ups pushing out the baby you're staring at 48 hours ago! I tried my best to compose myself and resist the urge to drop kick her in the head (as if I could lift my leg that high anyway) before replying "I had just given birth" in my calmest possible voice, which only meant that I was anything but. I'm not quite sure of her facial expression although sort of recall that she quickly gathered her child up in her arms and slowly jogged away down the hall after exclaiming "OH!" If that encounter prevents her from making another remark like that to another woman, then it was well worth it. I'm ok taking one for the team. You're welcome.
I've been reminiscing the early days of Chase a lot lately. Maybe because this time next week she will be one? In seven days, my baby will be 365 days old. Where has this year gone?
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago

