Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dancing Queen

Today was a big day for Chase. It was warm enough that she got to wear her first real pair of shorts EVER! I know she was in those green bubble shorts weeks ago, but that was short-lived and mostly for photo op. Now that's just sad, but we got over it quickly. Anyhow, it seemed that the exposed skin gave her the extra pep and traction to explore and even, gasp, CRAWL! I always wondered if my keeping her in footed pjs all day to keep her warm was somehow hindering her crawling progress and I got an absolute "DUH" as an answer. As soon as I put her down on her play mat, Chase got up on all four and made a bridge instead of just kicking her legs out and laying on her tummy and elbows for support like usual. She moved her legs just far enough to reach the ball she was going for and plopped back down on her big tummy to play with her prize. Granted, the movement probably covered about a foot of distance but it was momentous and much-celebrated nonetheless. Between this, cruising, and rolling, she sure will be keeping her poor momma extra busy. Now I think of Mari, who has two vibrant little girls who started crawling AND climbing since they were under 6 months old (correct me if I'm wrong, Mari), and thank my lucky star for all those times that I could just leave her to play quietly while I run to the bathroom. I didn't catch the first crawling experience on video but got the following few even though I probably won't be posting those since it was pretty much all me holding various objects in front of the baby and yelling at the poor child to come to me while she gave me various degree of perplexed looks. What I can post, however, is this cute video of her "dancing." Wil called me out of the kitchen one day while I was preparing dinner to see Chase pushing the buttons that played short songs on her house and wiggling to them. She often "dances" to the music but it's so cute when she actually selects which song she likes to move to the best. Whenever she does this, I get so caught up in the moment and usually forget the camera. But not today! I was wayyy too giddy to actually remember to film it that I forgot that it was sideway. Oops, and there's no way to rotate the thing either. Sorry. The content is still stinking cute though. And you have my new allergy/head cold episode that I'm sharing with Chase to thank for this post since I woke up to get a glass of water to sooth my parch and fiery throat, blow my nose, blow my nose, blow my nose again, and some more, and..., you get the picture. By about half a roll of toilet paper in, I was wide awake and decided to upload the video as a peace offering for making the grandparents wait for the pictures last week. I know that you know that you love me, too. Now, tilt your head to the left and enjoy this cute overload.


Dancing Queen from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.