I find that the nicer the weather is, the less likely I am to update the blog with some regularity. I've spent months whining about the weather, so it would be a crime to not be outside doing something now that it's so ridiculously gorgeous everyday. I spent most of this morning trying to clean up the mess my landlord left in our backyard. It's going to take days if not weeks for this project to be completed. Then Chase and I spent the afternoon with Wil at work because a group of cartoonists, who were on a USO tour, were visiting, and Wil thought they might do caricatures of us. Chase absolutely loves going to Wil's work. Everybody dotes on the baby and there's always a short line of people waiting to hold her. She was even more popular today since she was in a cute summer dress and had on a little hair clip (Wil's coworker suggested that we entered her in a baby pageant. Can you see our own Little Miss Sunshine?). I didn't get any pictures of her because I was too busy trying to keep her happy and distracted while the cartoonists drew her pictures. It was so much fun. Dave Coverly of
Speed Bump drew a really cute picture of her and gave the baby a copy of the book he illustrated. Chase now also owns an original artwork drawn especially for her by Bill Amend of
Foxtrot. There were others as well but I'm a little loopy, tired, and rather forgetful. We're planning on framing a few of the drawings and hanging them up. Before I start to doze off while typing, let's look at some pictures:

Raise you hand if you want to dress just like your Papa.

Her first hair clip ever. Finally, no more hair in her eyes!

Chase has a stack of warm weather clothes that never saw the light of day until now. I've been putting her in all kinds of cute outfits that are getting too small or already too small so I can photograph her in them. LOVVVEEEE those bubble shorts.

This face makes me laugh. It was 70˚F today (about 21˚C) and she was bright red and sweating profusely wearing this cotton dress. Sadly, our comfortable range is somewhere between 50˚-65˚F when it's sunny. Can you tell that we've been in Germany a while? I'm dreading the weather in Thailand for her.

Nothing like a good book and a nice long relaxing bath at the end of the day to wind down.
Sorry I'm rushing through these. Me bed now talk later.