Last year this time I was incubating a human, who put off so much heat I was comfortable just wearing a t-shirt to go outside with the boys--in the German winter. I even thought to myself that the much-dreaded winter was actually kind of enjoyable. Obviously, I was seriously hormonal and had a jacked up bodily thermostat. It's barely fall here and the heaters have already been on for a few days. During the day when the sun is out, it is not so bad. At night, however, you can practically hear my bones rattling in the dark. I think Wil is beginning to feel sorry for me after hearing my whining all this week. He actually threw another blanket over me (in addition to the 2 that were already there) this morning on his way to PT. He really did throw it on me and woke me up, but I was too grateful to bitch and just curled up into a warm Me ball until the baby started to cry 10 minutes later. I saw heaven in those 10 minutes and it was clean and toasty. Now where is my ticket to Italy? Or do I have to try getting knocked up again just to make it through these next couple of months?
In other fun PCSing news, getting to Italy is proving to be more of a headache than moving to Germany all the way from the States, surprisingly enough. Nobody seems to know what we have to do/who we have to call to square away our travel arrangement. And when Wil finally called the correct Italian embassy number (he was given 4 others that didn't work), he was rightly greeted with an automated menu in either German or Italian. At Bragg, the fabulously efficient ladies at Port Call just took care of everything for me in one afternoon. You wouldn't think getting a permission to drive 10-12 hours south would be this much trouble.
Anyhoo, I'm off to take a nap before the child wakes up from hers. Need to reaquaint myself with that clean and toasty place...
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Okay, before I read the post, my answer is "eat some snickers, skinny."
ReplyDelete....
yep, solution still stands.