Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Good Weather Week

We got Chase an exersaucer and by far it's her most favorite toy. The first couple of times I sat her in it, she started to cry and wasn't really interested in any of the toys. A day later I woke up from a nap to hear her laughing and squealing very loudy. Wil had put her in it just to see if she might give it another go, and she just couldn't get enough of it suddenly. I'm constantly amazed how quickly she learns and adapts to new things. She's growing up too fast!

I can stand on my own!!!
Not sure where to start.
It's hard to say no to that face and those eyes.
Teething slobber, anyone?
Determine to gnaw off the chicken's head.

I felt like a horrible mother to the boys since we had not taken them out swimming once this summer. After the baby came in April, I was just so incredibly exhausted and pretty much handed over the boys to Wil. Poor little puppies. I had been trying to take them out to the lake for a swim on my own, but walking them alone near an opened body of water with the baby strapped to my chest was not something I was brave enough to test. This past week we saw a couple of warm and sunny days, which allowed us to take all the kids out for a stroll around town. The water in our lake was still rather low and gross, but I'm sure you wouldn't hear any complaints from our boys. I'm going to see if we can go to a nicer lake Eurolush recommended to us this weekend if the weather holds.

Happy puppies! Finally.
Chasing ducks is so last year...
Brutus was giving it his best trying to catch a tennis ball and ducks. Somehow, he still managed to keep the top of his head dry. On the other hand, Paddy relished making the biggest splashes and getting EVERYTHING and EVERYONE to smell like pond water. It was lovely.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Dogs in water is great. I have a video of Vega swimming that I need to figure out how to post.
    Chase is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can take a shower while Chase is awake! Who would've thunk it!?

    And yay for the dogs! They're so loyal, they knew you'd come around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Uma,
    I'm glad that you found me throught the blog. It looks like you are enjoying Germany. When will you be moving to Vicenza? You will love it here. If you have any questions, just let me know. my email is Meghan.Argo@yahoo.com. Chase is adorable!! I'm sure my dog Champ would love to have a playdate! Hope to hear from you again soon!

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos... at least the pond water looks pretty even if it doesn't smell good! I can't wait to hear all about your new place in Italy. SO COOL. Think of all the adventure stories you will be able to tell Chase when she is older?!!

    ReplyDelete