So a little while ago Wil was presented with an opportunity to have a new job that would allow him to stay put and recover. There were a few different European locations that were mentioned, but ultimately we decided to stick around here for many reasons. Wil is still healing from his surgery and being only half an hour away from the best military hospital in Europe is a big plus. We also hadn't really explored this region and its neighboring countries since I was really too sick to travel the whole time I was pregnant. Although Wil didn't have his order in hand, we were pretty certain that the deal was done. Really should have known better by now. Today we found out that we were going somewhere else. Italy to be exact. Well, Italy was the place we turned down in the first place, so it's come full circle. I know I'm going to get all kinds of emails and phone calls now asking if we were in our right minds to say no to Italy. My main concern was Wil's recovery and access to the best medical care, and Wil's main concern was making me happy, which resulted in us deciding to hang around here. Well, it didn't work out that way, but we can't really say we're unhappy about it. Wil thinks that the move should be happening rather quickly, and we should probably know more by next week. I wasn't going to say anything until I got that piece of paper in front of me, but Mr. Man just couldn't wait one more minute to share the news. So here it is, friends and fams. Two moves in two years. We are on a roll.
I don't know why I'm having so much stomach problem lately. Wil keeps saying "gall bladder" every time he sees me hunch over holding my midsection. Well, since our time in Rhineland-Pfalz is quickly coming to an end, we'd probably be traveling every weekend if the weather holds and my body is not falling apart. Do expect lots of pictures from us!
P.S. Chase is handling her shots much better this time around. No fever so far, fingers crossed.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


My girlfriend also went from Germany to Italy in two years. She loved it. I know you will make the best of wherever you are.
ReplyDeleteGlad Chase is doing well with the shots. You, go get yourself checked out, woman!
Uma, Italy will be wonderful. It is hard to move so quickly after you get settled down, though. Isn't that the military way? Ugh.
ReplyDeleteAs for the gall bladder--I had mine out shortly after my baby was born. It's worth getting seen for--to make sure yours is okay...And that's all the unsolicited advice I will give today! :)
Good luck with the move!
Looks like adventure is right huh? Italy sounds so fun, although moving is always an ordeal - especially with little ones. I agree with everyone else - you should get checked out. Nothing like a serious illness to top off the wonderful moving experience.
ReplyDelete