"We've been through worse than this, Baby. Don't cry" he said and softly kissed my forehead.
"I know" I mumbled back in the most upbeat voice I could muster between sniffles.
He had to go to the field because someone who wore higher rank said that he was not spitting up blood RIGHT NOW and therefore good enough to tough it out, even though he never even glanced at Wil's profile or spoke to any of his doctors or surgeons. So My Love left before sunrise with 3 enormous bags. Luckily, his direct supervisors were pretty understanding and already found him a boring desk job. He might even make it back to his appointments. Let's hope so. We don't need the surgery to be delayed any more, since the baby will be coming even before he heals up. I'm thankful I felt better just in time to have a couple of good days together before he had to leave. I know we've been through a lot worse than this but I'm just so upset and frustrated with his chain of command. That compounds with pregnancy hormones lead to nothing good. I know things will look up soon but right now it's just difficult to deal. I'll write more when I feel better.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Aw, Uma, I'm sorry! I know it's tough - especially when you're pregnant!
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep you in our prayers!
Where are the belly pictures, missy?
Hey Uma this is Wil's cousin Miranda I met you last year around this time. When you came to Ohio. I've been keeping up with your blog and also I email Wil.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are always in my prayers and I told the rest of the Steinhauer gang over the weekend that you are pregnant. They are all praying for you as well.
I understand the lonliness of not having him there. Because of my husband and I having to be seperated the entire time we were together and he was stationed in California.
Well I'm going to go for now.
I'll try to keep in touch more and write while he is away and keep the family here updated on what is going on.
Your Cousin,
Miranda