Sunday, September 2, 2007

Weird

I feel weird. I'm sure I can describe in great length what exactly is going on, but in a nutshell, for the first time in my life I feel like I have no control over my body. I know it comes with pregnancy but I never thought it would start so soon. I don't sleep very much. It's definitely not by choice. My growing uterus is moving all around looking for a safe place to land and grow a baby, and boy do I feel every bit of it. I am constantly thirsty, even right after I just drink a tall glass of something. All kinds of smells repulse me. We are blessed with a gorgeous weekend and what do people do when the weather is warm and sunny? They grill. EVERYBODY GRILLS. There must be hundreds of grills firing up this weekend. And let me tell you, the smell of fat dripping on hot charcoals that I used to dream about and salivate over, now churns my stomach. The carnivore in me is loudly protesting and longing for a 22-oz medium rare rib eye. But I'm sure one good whiff of it would push me over the nausea state. And I get very very cold. What's that about? The other day it was 65 degrees and sunny, I was wearing, count them, a long sleeve t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a multi-layered ski jacket, and my snow boots with wool socks. I walked pass a couple of kids wearing tank tops and shorts and they looked at me like I was crazy. I just feel so terrible for Wil. He's being incredibly understanding and very caring, but it must feel so out of place. Overnight, his fun loving wife turns into some kind of zombie, who doesn't eat, sleep, and appears to be living in the bathroom. We watched "From Conception to Birth," which was a documentary made by Discovery Channel together. It didn't tell us a lot of info we didn't already knew, but it was nice to be able to visually share what was going on inside my body. All and all I'm determined to curb my whining because all these pregnancy symptoms mean that my body is rapidly changing to accommodate a thriving baby.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Uma!!!! I'm so excited for you! And I can definitly relate to the wierd feeling! Smells repulse me also and I've decided that I should just live in the bathroom now for the amount of time I spend in there! Ha! Yay!! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete