I'm not really taking my prenatal vitamins. It certainly is my intention to do everything I can to help the baby, but I just can't. My nurse told me to try to take them at night before I go to bed, because they've been known to cause more nausea. Since my new thing of the week is to get sick after dinner time, I can't even look at a glass of water afterwards and routinely quickly pass out from exhaustion. I already tried taking them in the morning, but there was no telling if it made me even more sick (back then I was sick all day all the time). What do I do? And every single day I wake up at the same time, right around 3:00 a.m., against my will. I'm almost manic enough to drug both me and the kid with some phenergan and at least have one good night sleep. I was beginning to feel very badly that I was not enjoying being pregnant, like I thought most women were, until most of my friends and neighbors voiced their opinion. I hear lots of stories about how pregnancy proved to ironically be a very effective birth control after it was over. My dear friend Jen, who was born to be a mom, told me that her husband and she would have had 10 children if kids just started showing up at her door steps. But since she did have to carry them, they decided to stop at 2. Adoption is always in the cards. We shall see how badly we can corrupt the first one before we make that decision.
I would always take the prenatal pills during dinner. Granted I never had morning sickness but I just thought it was better to take them while I was eating vs after I was super full. I am sorry that the pregnancy thing isn't agreeing with you right now. I pray that the second trimester (or even around month 6) is much better, it usually is.
ReplyDelete