Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Good News!

Yesterday I had an prenatal appointment with a nurse at Landstuhl. She went over the basic, which was pretty much the same stuff the nurse at Baumholder already covered with us a couple of weeks ago. But this time she was able to book my first real appointment with my doctor, who will be doing an ultrasound on this little monkey in a couple of weeks, another appointment for a physical therapist to look at my tail bone, and get us in a genetic counseling class. I'll elaborate on the tail bone bit later, but the best news she gave me was that they were planning for me to deliver at Landstuhl! After so many horror stories I heard about delivery in German hospitals, there was nothing that could conceal my joy. Plus I wouldn't have to travel anywhere for my appointments, as the doctors from Landstuhl would be traveling to Baumholder for prenatal visits. Yay! I was really worried about getting to the hospital by myself, if and when Wil had to go to the field for extended period of time. Of course, the nurse did say that if all of their delivery beds were occupied, they might have to send me out, which I understood.

About 4 years ago I hurt my lower back. One of my lower vertebrates is slightly rotated and I had this annoying discomfort whenever I walked for a while. I'm still not sure if this is pregnancy related, but this past weekend I almost toppled over while walking to the bathroom. It literally felt like something in my tail bone area dislocated. Luckily, Wil was right behind me and able to catch me before I fell face first to the floor. The nurse did say that it was not uncommon for old injuries to flair up during pregnancy as things shifted around and muscles relaxed. Let's hope our physical therapists knows what they are doing, because I really would like to be able to walk the boys soon. Every morning now, they both climb in bed and give me the saddest big eye look. Really put Puss in Boots to shame.

I would be so lost without Wil here with me. Besides having to take care of me, he has single-handedly run the house and looked after the boys after work. Most of the time I'm just too nauseous and dizzy to move, but Wil will come home for lunch to make sure I'm alright and take the boys out. After work, he does laundry, cleans up, walks the pups, and sometimes even cooks. Not to mention that he has to keep up with his online classes for his degree. I kind of feel like a dead weight around here sometimes. My morning sickness was getting a bit better towards the end of last week, but a new weeks also brings a seemingly more violent bout. I'm trying my best to eat and make up for the weight I've lost. Anyway, big props to my beloved husband. I promise him and the boys I would make it up to them as soon as I could, and I'm sure they are filing away in their little heads all the things they want for Christmas and other special treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment