Ok, this baby doesn't even have fully functional limps yet and is already kicking my ass from the inside of MY body. Ungrateful little mutt. I must say at this point the loss of my sense of humor is the worst early pregnancy symptom. I totally blame raging hormones for this one. Wil and I used to have a funny banter that would rival Mark and Amanda on "Ugly Betty," only a touch less gay. Now that my funny button is muted, I seriously take everything to heart and then cry. It's quite pathetic but I can't help myself. Case in point: Wil and I went to lunch yesterday after a particularly hideous day of morning sickness. My mission was to stuff all the food in my mouth as soon as possible without actually smelling it. His goal was to lighten my mood with inappropriate jokes. For example: "my friends and I think that morning sickness is all in your head." Normally, I would smack him in his big forehead one good time and come up with something clever to say regarding the fact that he might have wished himself bald. But now that I'm with child, hungry, and sick, all I got was "I can't believe you just said that to me. Asshole." I started crying a little but was a lot more hungry than upset, so I kept eating. All Wil could say was "Baby, it was a joke!" All I could do was giving him the evil eye and keeping up with my buffet plate. It took him no more than a couple of minutes to start chuckling to himself and then said to me "now I know you are REALLY pregnant, because it's the first time you got mad at me and kept eating." Lemme tell you. I would have pierced a fork in my husband's eye if I didn't think it was a touch over reactive without the hormones. And I wasn't done eating yet. Seriously, all these used to crack me up and I know I probably would have said the same stupid things if Wil was the one puking. Now it caused me to be mad at him for half a day, and perhaps stop eating when I still had room, a crime punishable by more nausea when one is having my kind of "morning" sickness. I really hope my rage subsides soon. Don't think an angry mamma can grow a happy baby. And knowing my husband, he's probably going to try to keep me ticked off until next May.
ba...ha...ha...:) Hang in there love.
ReplyDelete