Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Tibetan Incantations

I have a sudden urge to share the incredible love I have for my adorable Mom. My brother, Non, got in last evening from Koblenz, and he came baring my mom's care package. Non was just home in Thailand a minute ago, so mom sent stuff with him. Along with clothes that would definitely fit me when I'm skinny again (knock on wood...) and loads of food I was missing from home, she also sent me 3 different CDs of relaxing and soothing type of music. I told her that I hadn't been able to sleep well since getting pregnant and she thought meditation and music might help. My mom is just too cute for words. Anyway, after an enormous meal of bar-b-q baby back ribs, baked beans, corn bread, and some Yankee coleslaw, I found myself still wide awake at the wee hours of the morning and decided to give one of mom's CDs, titled "Tibetan Incantations, a try. Since it's almost 5 a.m., you know it didn't work as a sleep aid, although I must say that I am uber relaxed. However, the monk's chants have had an utmost surprising effect on other unintended targets. Namely:
1. Brutus, who was sleeping at my feet and grudgingly stormed off to seek refuge in the bedroom with snoring Papa and Paddy.
2. The Seed, who decided to adapt his Dance Dance Revolution routine to the mellow sounds of the Tibetan mountains.
3. My bowel movement. I really spent 5 minutes thinking about a more polite term for this but I don't think there is one. I haven't been this happy to go to the bathroom since getting knocked up.
4. Since we already went in the TMI territory, another drop in the bucket wouldn't hurt. Lemme just say colostrum LOVES the monk's chants. Am thinking about bagging and freezing it for future use.

I'm sure this is not the kind of post you expect on this fine Christmas morning. Never can say I keep stuff from ya. I plan on on over feasting on my husband's fabulous cooking, laughing a whole lot, and hugging my family a little tighter, even my ugly little brother. Christmas doesn't hold religious significance for Non and I, but we've always enjoyed the time spend with those closest and dearest to our hearts. I hope you get to celebrate the day with those you love in the way that brings you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment