Sunday, December 23, 2007

21 1/2 Weeks, Etc.

Behold the bulge:
The Seed was enjoying a quiet couple of weeks but now appeared to be hitting a rapid growth spurt. Again. I feel like I've doubled in size every morning I wake up. Here's a comparison from the 18th week:

Well, it's either the baby growing or a result of feasting on this on a regular basis:
I love having Make Your Own Pizza Night. The leftover toppings are just perfect for making super omelet. It's so chunky I have to eat it with a spoon. And I'm certain that washing it all down with holiday baked goods is the way to share the Christmas spirit with the Seed. Yes, I'm only doing this out of my love for the kid.

We had the last consult with Wil's neurosurgeon this past Friday. By next Friday we should have his surgery date. Things are finally moving in the right direction. Also in the good news department: it appears that he won't be needing a disc replacement surgery right at this very moment. All the tests led his surgeon to recommend cutting away a portion of his bulging disc that was pinching several nerve endings instead. With Wil's degenerative discs, he will probably need a replacement surgery down the road, however. But for now, this should eliminate most of the pain in his back and legs, if not all, and allow him to have a normal and healthy life. Let's just hope that he heals before the baby comes.

We're having a pretty low key holiday season this year, mainly because I would rather be napping than slaving myself away in the kitchen. We've gone to parties and eaten our fair share of the bounty (see pictures above). Just when I thought we would sleep through the actual Christmas day and only wake up long enough to have a bowl of cereal, Wil decided that he was going to cook dinner for us. I've been put in charge of desserts and maybe a veggie side dish but that is it. The Man is going to whip us up a scrumptious meal. The last I peaked in the pantry, there were lots of canned green beans and a jar of molasses. And my stupid little brother is coming to join in the fun tomorrow. I didn't realize that it had been 2 years since I saw him last. I'm sure he's still ugly and mean. He.. Really, Mom, I'm just kidding. Sort of. Will post more pics of the smack down, er, family dinner. Hope yours are as wonderful and entertaining, if not as sugary sweet, as ours. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Wil and Uma. You guys are always in the families hearts and prayers. I'll be sure to let everyon know how you are doing. if you want to keep in contact with me my email is admirablesunrise@aol.com

    When You guys find out what the baby is going to be I would love to mail you guys some things for the baby and I'm sure Lori, Linda, Becky, Mary and Bill will also.

    love your cousin
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete