Monday, December 10, 2007

Imitation Chinese

After the newness of living in a new country and experiencing new delicious food begining to wear off, all Wil and I could think about are our favorite restaurants stateside. We are in a really small town that has very few good restaurants. There are only so much potato dumplings one can have before craving good ole take-out Chinese or Mexican. We have found a few Chinese and Mexican restaurants around town. The problem is Mexican food is a German interpretation, and what we really want is the food from our fave Monterey in Fayetteville. And Chinese food here is, well, very Chinese. It made me ralize why my family and I didn't go out for Chinese often when I was living in Thailand. I have grown to love Americanized version of Chinese. When I order General Tso's Chicken, I want its batter to still be dripping in frying oil and heavily coated in yummy spicy syrupy goodness. I don't want veggies to intefere with my sugar coma. After I started having multiple dreams about Chinese, it was time to do something about it. So today I'm going to attempt to make General Tso's Chicken at home. I'll be sure to keep the fire department's number close by. Shall report back later.

The Seed is uber active and already keeping me up at night. Joy. He's a few days shy of 20 weeks and apparently requires vast amount of food to grow. Wil and I had to do emergency grocery shopping yesterday because we were running out of everything. I'm eating every couple of hours to satisfy the baby elephant that is growing inside of me. And by eating every couple of hours, I don't mean snacking on a small pack of crackers and some carrot sticks. I NEED a full meal every couple of hours. This is just exhausting. Preparing food, eating, not moving afterward and causing myself to get sick, thinking about what to eat next while resting, then it's time to make another meal. Here's my excuse for sporatic update. I'm eating. Really, I'm eating as I type right now. Wil baked me an apple pie last night and I'm only doing my part of diligently putting it away. I was blessed with super fast metabolism and always the last to leave the table. It appears that I'm growing a fierce competitor. I hadn't gained any weight from week 11th-17th, even though my husband was only too happy to point out that I was getting huge. We're pretty curious to see how far the scale will tip at this Wednesday appointment.

What can I say? It's been a slow week on the news front. Will think of something fun to write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment