
And here's the bump at 18 weeks for comparison.

I don't think I'm expanding at the speed of light as I was about 3 weeks ago anymore. Speaking of expanding, anyone cares to guess how much weight I gained from week 17th-20th? Think BIG. Like 7 lbs big. The Seed was either really growing or the glutton pig in me finally came out for a partay. I had to weigh myself twice just to be sure that the number registered on the scale was in fact mine. It's the baby. That's the kind of lie I have to tell myself from getting completely freaked out by the prospect of gaining about 40 lbs (or more!) at the finish line. But the most important thing is that all is well with The Seed. All the tests came back showing low risk, the heartbeats are strong, and the kicks are getting more potent everyday. His way of telling momma that he wants breakfast RIGHT NOW is never subtle, and apparently the Seed was STARVING yesterday morning. I was about to get up when he started throwing temper tantrum and put on quite a show for Wil. My uterus was turned into one baby mosh pit until he got some cereal to calm him down. Now if I only know how to stop him from scraping my cervix with his toenails...
We had a combined "Make Your Own Pizza" dinner party and Game Night last night. We were expecting a few more friends but fun was had by all regardless. Carol brought her friend Jordan, who was new in town and also pregnant! It was nice to not be the only one rubbing the kicks away after dinner. Our babies will only be a few months apart, so automatic playdates for the Seed! I think we all are going to be great friends. Oh, and we'll find out the sex of the baby on Tuesday!
There's not much else to update besides baby news. The weather is bitterly cold these days, which pleases Brutus but not so much the parents, especially at a very windy park. We celebrated Brutus' birthday with red velvet cupcakes that Wil made. Theirs without frosting, of course. It was the first time they had cake and it was interesting to watch. While Bru took his time to savor every morsel of scrumptious crumb, Paddy inhaled it whole as soon as the mass made a soft landing in his bowl. They both have been exceptionally good and are enjoying early Christmas presents of new fluffy beds by the window. The cuteness is turning my brain into cotton candy.
"Please, no picture before breakfast."


It's like Christmas to open up your blog once again and see a photo! I love it! Your belly doesn't look like it's getting bigger this week - it looks like it's shifting. I love hearing your updates.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the cold and I'll make sure to relish in my 65-75 out here in TX. :-) Believe me - I think I'd rather be pregnant in the cold. I was one sweaty pregnant woman. Sounds appetizing, huh?
I agree with Rach. Definitely shifting. I gained 9 lbs in the first 13 weeks and then my weight gain actually slowed down to a total of 18... so you shouldn't worry, you are such a cute pregnant girl.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to find out the sex of him/her. Then I can figure out what to send you. What is your due date again?