Saturday, September 5, 2009

Be Maddie's Friends!

I landed on Heather's blog one late night after clicking on one link after another about a month ago. I've been a faithful follower since although it wasn't until today that I finally left her my comment. I struggled to come up with the right words to tell her how horribly sorry I was that her beautiful baby girl Madeline was no longer with us but realized that no such words existed. I wish that we lived close enough that I could bring her dinner and give her a hug. We donated a small amount of money in Maddie's memory to benefit the family of NICU babies (please read about Friends of Maddie here), but Maddie has inspired me to do more. I'm in the process of completing my first quilt for Chase (one of her Christmas presents) and will be joining Rheinland-Pfalz Quilt Guild in making baby quilts for their Baby Love outreach program. The end of the year is coming up quickly along with what sure to be a busy and happy family time for many of us. I just would like you to keep Friends of Maddie in mind when/if you feel the urge to contribute to a charitable organization. Thanks for being our friends and, hopefully, Maddie's!