Sunday, August 9, 2009

Falkenstein Castle Medieval Fest

We went to a medieval festival at Falkenstein castle, which conveniently located in the next village over from ours. The weather was perfect--cool and overcast with no rain. We've been in Germany, and therefore away from the sun, long enough that the bright direct sunlight is actually unpleasant. We drove a few minutes from our house, parked in a pasture by a really pretty farm house, and then rode the bus up a really big hill to the castle. I have to admit that I always thought that medieval fests were kind of nerdy, even though I never actually attended one before. I was absolutely thrilled to be proven wrong, because it was the most fun we've had in a long time! There were so many knights in chainmails carrying around giant swords and axes. And I'm sure all the ladies were thankful for the cooling clouds because they were under some serious layers and head gears. It was so cool and really was like stepping back in time.



The food was great and the music was amazing! Chase totally rocked out and would have thrown her diaper on the stage had we let her.

A Total Medieval Rock Band Groupie from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.



We came home and enjoyed some quiet cuddle time before bed together. Chase loves to brush her teeth right now and always insists that I do as well. My oral hygiene has never been better since we're brushing pretty much every time one of us has to go to the bathroom for any reason at all. Also, she's learning her animal sounds and it's freaking adorable.

Brushing Her Teeth from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.



All and all, a perfect Saturday!

Sunday was determined not to be outdone and we saw horses, donkeys, goats, and a crane on our evening walk. I was beyond excited to see wild blackberries along our walking trail and picked enough to fill Chase's snack container. She ate the whole lot even before we made our way back home. I also got to taste some wild plums that were growing in the same area, and they were just delicious! I'm bring a giant bucket with us on our next walk. I feel truly blessed to have found our house in this little village that I have grown to love so much!