Fast forward to Wednesday when I was a touch nervous about the visit because I knew how timid Chase could be around new people. Having a professional come to our house, where Chase was most comfortable and relaxed unlike most of the playgroups we attended, to evaluate the way we played was such a wonderful idea. Chase had just woken up from her nap and was in a really good mood when the therapist showed up. Ms. Angela was very knowledgeable, kind, and obviously very good with children, and Chase took to her right away. Together, they colored, stacked rings and legos, and she showed me a few ways to play with Chase that would also help strengthing her balance and lengthen those toddling steps. Speaking of toddling, I thought it was hilarious that Chase was standing and taking steps during Ms. Angela's whole visit as if to say "I told you I would do it when I was good and ready." Typical Chaster fashion. So at the end of the visit, the therapist showed me her evaluation score card, which basically indicated that everything was perfectly fine. Even with her slow walking, she was still within the average range for this age group. She was quite impressed with her signing and vocabulary, which made momma beamed extra brightly. One of the questions she had was about the words Chase knew. It actually took me a little while to answer, since I had never written them all down, so here's my opportunity to note her progress:
Words that Chase can speak at 15 months: Mamma, Papa, Paddeeee, Brrruuu (Brutus), no, mine, eyyyyee (eyes), nos (nose), schoooos (shoes), duc (rubber ducky), outsyyy (outside), hyyyyyyy (hi!), bye, mmmmmmm (eat and yum), Yais (Kun Yai--grandma in Thai), Tha (Kun Tha--grandpa in Thai), Non (my brother), hut (hat), sanwid (sandwich), wing (swing). I think that's it but might be missing a few.
Signs that she knows and uses regularly: Papa, elephant, bird, fan, banana, pineapple, dog, music, hot, bath, eat, more, fly, cloud, tree, sandwich. *Of course, I forgot her first sign ever, milk.*
Signs that she recognizes but can't sign them herself yet: flowers, bug, please, thank-you, momma, cat, chicken, bee, airplane, orange, grass.
She can identify her eyes, nose, ears, and mouth when ask where they are and would gladly poke you in the eyes and shove her fingers in your nose to show you yours as well. She loves to dance, climb, and, most of all, read. Her favorite book right now is "Big Red Barn", but last month it was "All Aboard for Dreamland!," which she conned her father into reading to her at least 3 times before bed every night in addition to the other 10 times I got dragged into it during the day. She would climb into her chair to read by herself for most of the time I need to make a quick dinner. Her brothers are her best friends and fierce protectors, and she has her Papa tightly wrapped around her chubby little pinkie.

The lights of my life.

