Saturday, July 11, 2009

Overdue

I know I've been insanely lazy at updating the blog. Let's see what has happened in the Steinhauer household lately.

Chase is working on her third tooth. She cut three teeth in a week and, thankfully, handled teething pain with sleep. You heard me. I mean two 4-hour naps and 13 hour-night kind of sleep per day. At first I was going a little crazy and didn't know what to do with myself, but then I started sewing.


As soon as Chase woke up from one of her uber long naps, I couldn't contain my excitement and had to plop this dress that I had been working on on the child even before I lifted her out of the crib. She saw how excited I was and started clapping for me. I have the cutest cheerleader ever. The weather has just turned cold again, so she won't be wearing it for a little while, which is perfect since it's still a little big.
I'm changing the huge bow tie thing to a snap. And you see why I haven't been updating the blog much?

Chase has become a bit obsessed with Brutus and his bed lately, much to his dismay. I guess it's because Paddy is always right by her side and Brutus just wants to be left alone after his morning cuddle time. Already a pesky little sister.




Enjoying her first bubble bath.


Chase still loves to read, only now she won't sit for long in my lap, but rather prefers to pick out a book she wants, sits down, and reads it to herself. My independent little reader.


We went out to dinner with friends on the weekend of the Forth (when it was still warm) and apparently she wasn't thrilled about the selection.


Thanks for the outfit, Nah Best!

And for a touch of randomness:

In Germany, it is perfectly legal to drive a tractor or a 4-wheeler on the streets, and we often get stuck behind one of these living in a farming community. Apparently, my neighbor was buying this one.

And, clearly, she was thirsty.


I've been terrible at taking pictures lately and promise to do better. Since Wil had another 3-day weekend, we had a big plan to bike along the Mosel and go sightseeing, but the weather hasn't been nice enough to hang the baby out all day. So yesterday, we opted for a shopping trip downtown and a stroll in one of Kaiserslautern's many parks instead. Today is looking to be beautiful, so we'll be out and about, and have another biking trip set for tomorrow. Lots of pictures coming your way!