Friday, July 24, 2009

Deflated

I dread weeks like this. It's the kind of time when everybody else around me is running around super busy and I'm on a holding pattern. Chase and I are getting over a stupid cold, so there hasn't been a lot of opportunities for us to get out much. Trying to contain our germs is my number one priority that I wish other sick people would practice as well. I get a little ticked off when I take Chase to a playgroup and watch her getting sneezed/coughed on by another snotty nose kid. I get it, kids get sick often. I'm just frustrated since this is the second time in less than a month that we're dealing with this. Living off post has its advantage, but right now I feel like a very very isolated island. Wil's been busy with a bad work week, and after the 5th "hey, you need to keep your eyes open when trying to feed our baby," I just don't feel like nagging him anymore. I call my mom, and she's busy. I call my sister, and she's busy. I call my friends, and I can never reach them and no one is calling me back. And I'm still here. Cleaning, wiping snotty noses (Chase's and mine), and trying to keep my chin up. The weather is crap. Rain for 2 days, an afternoon of sunshine, repeat. To add insult to the injury, literally, I fell off a window ledge trying to hang curtains in Chase's room. I was gimpy for a few days but surprisingly didn't break anything considering I hit the ledge, a step stool, and a crib on my way down. This is really turning into a pity party, isn't it? I guess I'll go back to cleaning and hope for a better weekend.