The phone rang and Wil answered it. It was our wine guy. We bought a case of delicious local wine from him and his company last summer. He and Wil traded greetings and chit chats for a while. About a minute later, I heard, "let me ask my wife," and he turned my way and said "honey, do you want to go to a wine tasting this Sunday?" If it weren't because minutes earlier he just told Paddy that he was feeling loopy from the drugs, I would have flick his giant noggin to wake him up. He took the cue from my death ray and replied back, "thanks, but I don't think we're going to make it. My wife is almost 8 months pregnant and I just had a back surgery and shouldn't be drinking while I'm on pain medication." Lesson we learned today: we do not mix our prescription narcotics or babies with alcohol. And keep the phone away from the junkie.
I wonder what the wine guy was thinking. "Dude, you had to ask your WIFE to see that it was a bad idea?"
ReplyDelete