Friday, February 1, 2008

One Expensive Kid

I'd been pricing diapers and baby wipes on diapers.com and was uber excited at the prospect of the savings--until I got to the check out screen and was told that they did not ship to APO address. This is so frustrating. Buying baby essentials at the commissary will still cost us at least double the amount other people can get online. I think I have found my calling. I will lobby businesses and retailers to not treat APO addresses any different than any other stateside addresses. There are loads of babies being born to military parents, who are stationed overseas, and I don't think the parents should really be punished for serving their country. Buying stuff on the economy is definitely out of the question for us with the way the exchange rate is going. I'm beginning to wonder how people can afford more than one baby while stationed outside of the States.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! We are counting down to the big day! Uma, your belly pics are great! You're not kidding about the diaper prices. We just spent $44 for the two boys. And that may last us 2-3 weeks...maybe. If you have any questions let us know. We love you guys!
    -The Forehands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pics. You look great. All belly - so cute. I spend about $50 a month on diapers for Christian currently. I can't imagine paying with the exchange rate of the Euro. They would cost around $75 for a month - yipes.

    Definitely a good business venture!

    ReplyDelete