I haven't been updating the blog much this week, because, well, there's not much to tell. I'm getting adjust to the life of a housewife, getting over all kinds of little bugs, and enjoying the company of my beloved and our pups. Last weekend we went hiking up to the famous Church of the Rock and medieval castles in Idar-Oberstein. The dogs went with us and it was a lot of fun, however a total punishment to my rarely-used muscles. I got to take one whole picture before the battery died on me. At the top of the freaking mountain. So now we have to do it again, so I can take some pictures because the view is just breath taking.
Wil and I have been planning lots of short weekend trips before his surgery, which more than likely will happen in October. I think our first will be to explore the "Romantic Road." Luckily because of our location, day trips will be a breeze, unless, of course, really good Riesling get to us first. I'm sure my husband will not protest bunking in a medieval castle that is now a hotel for a couple of nights.
Life this week has been wonderfully peaceful and sweet. There's not much going on at Wil's work either, so he gets to come home a bit early everyday. These past few days, we have early dinner and then take the pups out for a walk in town for some delicious gelato. To off-set the quiet week and at the suggestion of my husband, we're going to see the Simpsons Movie tonight. He let me off the hook last weekend to read the last Harry Potter book in peace (how AWESOME is the book?!?), so I suppose this is not a terrible trade off :). No, really, I'm kind of excited to see it. Maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a quick trip to Trier.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment