It's been a few days, so an update is in order. The pups and I arrived a week ago to Germany. It was so good to see Wil's smiling face at the airport. The pups were besides themselves to see their papa. Our journey from North Carolina to Baltimore airport was long and truly awful, but I couldn't have asked for better behaved puppies. We had our "we're not in the States anymore" moment at the airport when we had to fit my luggages and two giant crates inside European minivan rental. The emphasis is on the "mini." Other than that, I can't say enough about what a lovely place Germany, and especially Baumholder, is. We love our little village on green rolling hills. There are parks virtually all around us and the pups get treated like rock stars here. We have a second floor apartment, which is even bigger than our adorable cottage in North Carolina. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from our apartment to Wil's work (with a huge park in between). I love the weather. We normally wake up and go to sleep to the sound of raindrops. The air is a little chilly in the morning but eventually warms up to a light jacket kind of weather. The food is fantastic and I'm making it my personal mission to find the best Spiesbraten in all of Germany. There are so much more to write but I'm going to save some for other posts. Plus, I'm so stealing my neightbor's wireless internet connection. Ours won't be up and running for another 2 weeks. Sigh. Stay tune!
It is so good to hear that you arrived safely, pups and all. I must admit, I am quite envious of you right now, but also glad that everything is going so great. How's life not working? I must say, I can handle it :)
ReplyDelete