
Baumholder Lake and our famous gray sky.
We finally have internet connection and phone! It took a little while because we apparently had a wiring problem in our apartment. Life has been a touch crazy this week. All of Baumholder will be going to the field soon, and Wil has been really busy getting everything ready for that. We also went to Lunstuhl hospital for Wil's appointment. Right now I think the doctors are leaning toward giving him a disc replacement surgery, which will be more of a permanent fix for his degenerative disc, as supposed to the usual opening him up to cut a small piece of bone and bulging disc to relieve the pressure on the pinched nerve. He will have to go through another test, a bone scan, to confirm that he is a candidate for the surgery. I know he is more nervous about the replacement surgery because it's a lot more complicated. But I have 100% confidence in the fine neurosurgeons at Lunstuhl. It baffles me to no end that those at Womack actually suggested that he avoided surgery until he was beginning to lose feelings in his legs. I'm so glad we wait until we get to see the REAL doctors here.
In happier news, we have had great fun exploring Baumholder and the adjacent area. We've gone to Idar-Oberstein, which is about 15 minutes away, 4 times already.
Idar-Oberstein is home to the famous church in the rock and capital of German gem stone mining. We took the boys with us the last time we went and they had fun waddling in the fountain pool.
We have experienced very warm weather these past few days and I can't wait to have the rain and big puffy clouds back, as air conditioning is virtually non-existent in European housing. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to these past couple of weeks:Our trip to Ikea (hi, Amanda and Drew!) to get blackout shades.
Brutus getting mobbed by a gaggle of girls, who beg me to change his name to something more girly, at a friend's party.
Last but not least, leave it to my husband to find the only burger joint in town.

Oh, also, I had the pleasure of visiting Krankenhaus this weekend (did I spell this right, Rebecca?). Apparently, living with a boy again also means kidney infection, again. Yay for antibiotics. I'm fine now but it was rough a couple of days ago. Will have more updates and pics soon!


Hey girl! Thanks for having this blog. I'm enjoying reading about all the new things you and Will and pups are discovering. Take care.
ReplyDelete-Kristi
Yay for your increasing German language skills. I am impressed. It looks like you are fitting in quite nicely - I knew you would! Keep us updated, nice pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing the pictures and reading your commentary. Miss you guys much. Give the boy's a hug from me. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete