Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chase's Sunday Funnies

My dear friends and fellow mommas have been telling me that I need to write down all the funny things Chase does before I forget them, and I'm hoping that this Sunday Funnies will become a regular part of my blogging and something I can look back and copy onto a journal when I'm much less lazy. Here goes.

Our friend Brad brought us the most yummy gummies from a famous store in Heidelberg and my kid is obsessed with them. We reserve them for special occasion as a reward for Chase (sitting on a potty, finishing her meal,...etc) and occasionally, like today when the snow has fallen all day and we're too lazy to go outside, as a bribe. We've already gone through a bag of the star-shaped ones and I just opened the heart-shaped bag this morning.

Me: Ok, you get to have a few gummies because you used the potty! How many do you want?
Chase: Yippeee! TWO! (FYI: Chase only knows to count 1, 2, 5, and 10).
Me: Ok, here are two little hearts.
Chase, after her treats disappeared in a hurry: Mo hart babie peez? (Translation: "more baby (small) hearts, please?"
Me: Because you asked so nicely, here are two more.
Chase, with both arms raised: YAY! Hart babieeee!!!

Chase, after seeing a brown hyena on TV: Booo (Brutus)!!!

It started snowing pretty early at our house and has yet to stop all day. As soon as she woke up and saw the white stuff, she went nuts.
Chase, running around the house looking for her winter necessities: Mittennnnnnnnnn!!!! Hep peez (help please).
Me: There's not enough on the ground right now to play with, Baby. We'll have to wait until after you nap, ok?
Chase: Hat! Hat?!? Hat peez!
Me: No, Baby, we'll have to wait a little.
Chase: Pay en schnow peez (play in snow, please)!
Me: Chase...
Repeat a few hundred times through out the day

This scene is a regular around her play kitchen
Wil: May I please have a cookie?
Chase, with her palm held up: Money.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable..i may have ro borrow your idea to do the same. They do say such funny things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't commented on your blog in a while, but I read it all the time and laugh at all the funny things Chase does. She is a great talker! Also, I wish Annika loved the snow as much as she does. And, I think it is funny that she only knows a few numbers, because Annika will pretty much only ever say two. Maybe we will work on five and ten. Anyway, I don't even ever get to see Chase, and I just love her. Once I am no longer on bedrest and things settle down in our house, lets have a playdate.

    ReplyDelete