Not that I didn't love having Wil home with us from October until last week (I have already erased the hospital bit out of my brain), but lounging around with him all day just kind of messed up Chase's and my routine and schedule we heavily relied on. Now that he's back at work, I feel like all is right with the world again. I guess it's a mental thing. Having him at work means he CAN be at work, which means he's not hurt THAT badly anymore, and I can be at my work doing my best mothering. I get up early to let Jillian Michaels punish me for 20 minutes, have breakfast, jump in a shower, get the baby up and feed her breakfast, then we're off to our adventures for the morning (playgroup, library, running errands, visiting Wil at work, etc.). We come home, have lunch, and I pick up around the house while the baby goes down for a nap for a few hours. Then Chase and I make dinner together and Wil gets home just before dinner is ready, leaving plenty of time for Papa-Baby catching up time before dinner, bath time, books, and bed. I like the predictability of our day and feel like I finally got my groove back. I'm now the fun mom I always wanted to be for Chase, and I actually have the stamina to keep up with her, which comes as a surprise to me more than anyone else. Thank you, Jillian!
Now if you are on Facebook and know about Chase's bangs trimming fiasco, I know you are expecting pictures. Wil's been telling me that he didn't want her to get a haircut, and I just assumed that he wanted to hold on to the baby's mullet a little longer for sentimental reasons. What he didn't say was that he didn't want ME to cut the baby's hair. I trimmed the baby's bangs once before and it proved to be completely uneventful and easy, so I didn't really think twice about chopping it off this morning when I couldn't possibly stand all that hair in her eyes one more second (and to answer your question, my child will not keep a clip in unless I constantly bribe her with sweets). Well, let just say that it didn't quite go how I thought it would. The first snip took a little more off than I had planned, and I think Chase saw my face and panicked. She started to move as the scissors clammed down for a second chomp, thus causing the cut to go further to the left side of her face and gave the appearance of a bowl cut. I just had the worst time not laughing at that last sentence. Anyway, I was in such a shock after seeing what was going on and froze while still holding the scissors up at Chase's eye level. You see where I'm going with this? It was like a bad accident that I couldn't take my eyes away, and I didn't see Chase's moving toward the sharp point of the scissors until the very second her eye met it. I was able to jerk away the scissors quick enough that she didn't end up with a sharp metal toothpick in her eyeball, but it still poked her hard enough to make her cry. I was now in a full panic mode and was prying my child's tearful eye open to see if there was brain matter leaking out of it, because, SURELY, a hole in the eye would go nicely with her partial bowl cut. Needless to say, I'm never EVER going anywhere near my kid's hair with a pair of scissors again. Now I'm debating whether to let the bangs grow in for a few months and take her to see a professional to get a new "big girl" do then or go ahead and let my stylist try to fix the freaking mess and turn the hair into something really short. Chase's still napping right now, but I'll add the picture to the post as soon as she's up. Get ready for a chuckle and to feel a little bad for her that her parents will be pointing and laughing until the missing chunks grow in.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


She wouldn't feel it if you act normal around her. But we would have so much fun laughing....!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehahahhahahaha.............!!!
Sorry, Wil. But every single girl has to go through something like that,at least once! hehehehehhe.............
Trev and I were off for over a week during the holidays. My schedule got so screwed up because I wanted to spend time with him vs. housechores that I met my limit one day. Started cleaning/straightening in a hurry while he repeatedly said "we're on vacation. come sit down". I felt better afterwards but not 100%. Being back at work in a regular routine makes me much happier.
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to put the picture up!! I wanna laugh at her too!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the routine, and I am sill dying see Chase's new haircut :)
ReplyDelete