My mom has 8 dogs. Yes, she has a big house, but most people will agree that 8 is a bit excessive, especially when none of them are properly trained. She has one that pees on everything and another one that has severe food aggression. There are also three bored puppies under the age of 8 months. I'm a dog lover, but living here is making me a bit stressed. And stress sure wasn't a part of the plan for our long awaited vacation. I have brought this up with both my parents and sister, and either they have been living with them for so long and think that the bad behaviors, like stealing whatever that is within their reach right in front of you and MARKING (!!!), are normal or they have already given up. I have been working with the three puppies and know that they will make someone excellent pets. My parents and sister simply do not have the time or energy to work with them and it's frustrating the hell out of me to see them keep taking in strays and letting them have the run of the house. I don't want to sound ungrateful but I really can't wait for Wil to get here so we can start our traveling. After a week of waking up to pee smell and seeing a dog sitting on a table and snapping at everyone who tries to get it to come down, I'm just ready for a break. I need a break from my break.
My saving grace is, of course, my amazing daughter. Chase started sleeping her usual 12-hour night on the fourth night after our arrival and has adjusted to everything, minus the heat that no one should be accustomed to anyway, beautifully. She's in love with our tropical fruits and can probably live off of the GOOD mangoes (not the giant Mexican ones) alone for the duration of our trip. I had planned on taking it easy this week to give her time to adjust and wait for Wil's arrival but am getting bored and disturbed. Think we might go work out some of our frustration at the mall tomorrow.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago

