I don't have much time and will keep this short. The flight over went as smoothly as a mother of any one-year-old (!!!) could have hoped for. In fact, to say that Chase was an angel on the 10-hour flight is an understatement. She never really cried, only voiced her complaints a couple of times when I tried to put her down in her bassinet instead of cradling her in my arms, ate most of my food AND loved it leaving me very hungry, and just flirted with the guy sitting 2 seats down from us the whole way. Upon seeing us coming out from custom and to the meeting point at the airport, the grandparents immediately went to gawk over their first grandbaby and completely forgot that I, too, was there for about 5 minutes. Chase had already sampled many local cuisines and liked most of them, although she's not eating as much as her usual hungry-man portion. I think the heat has a lot to do with her decreased appetite, so today I went to a supermarket and got her one of her favorite meals: liverwurst and toast. Shall see how that goes tomorrow.
We're having lunch with my mom's college buddies, whom I love, tomorrow, and I'm really excited for them to meet Chase, although I think my mom is far more excited about finally being able to show off and brag about her gorgeous granddaughter. Chase is handling all the crazies around her like a champ. She's usually bright red and sticky hot but always has a bright smile on her face and loves to wave to strangers. She calls all of my mom's crazy 7 dogs "Bbbooooo." Brutus should be so proud. I'm doing well, in spite of the fact that my dad still wakes me up at 7 a.m. this morning (2 a.m. Germany time) by flipping on the light switch and makes extremely unpleasant loud noises in my room. He tried to wake me up earlier but I just threw a cover over my head and played dead. I'm going to see a whole lot of grandmas, aunts, uncles, and cousins this weekend and can not be more thrilled, although it does involve a bit more traveling. I just wish that Wil could be here with me right at this very moment. I thought being around family would keep me so busy that the next two weeks would not be so empty without him. Not so. Like I told him in my email today, he is home to me.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago

