Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday Funnies, Video Edition

*Now a few hours after I first posted this entry, I just realized that today is Monday and not Sunday. Haha. Thank you, USAREUR, for a 4-day weekend.

The first video was shot over a month ago on the day that her fever, which was caused by that crazy infection, broke. Speaking of which, Chase's ultrasound came back clean! I'm so beyond thankful and hope that we'll never have to experience such a horror again. Look at my poor baby. You can tell from her eyes that she had been so sick.

"Danku Everyone" from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.


Chase has an incredible memory and loves to sing. I was surprised the first time I heard her sing a whole nursery rhyme without skipping a word, and since she has moved on to other non-children songs she hears around the house or in the car. This is one of my favorites. I sang "I Will" to Chase the whole time she was in utero mainly because my pregnant brain wouldn't allow me to remember words to any other songs and I loved the lyrics so much. I sang her the song at 1 a.m., 3 a.m., 5 a.m., and pretty much at all odd hours of the night when she was a newborn hoping to lull her into a peaceful slumber. Maybe she also loved the song and wanted to hear more or my singing was that bad because the child was always wide awake. I thought it was adorable when she could string words together that one of her first sentences was "Momma sing Chasey song?" This was from a few weeks ago and she has learned a few more verses since.

Hanging Out w/ the Boys from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.


Last but not least, we had a really warm week a few weeks ago. That might have just been our whole summer, since we have had to break out heavy jackets these past few days. Remember that European houses don't come with A/C, and I'm not plugging in our portable one because we just got a refund from the power company and I would like to keep it that way until we have to PCS at the end of the year/beginning of the next. Brutus just knows better than to leave the cool basement, but poor Paddy is just not getting it. As it normally goes in this house, if you are outside, you can expect to have a wet and slimy tennis ball dropped on your foot repeatedly by the most persistent Lab you'll ever meet. He had a mild heat stroke from our long walk last year, and now we have to watch him closely even for a short session of fetch during the German warm spell. I'm not being mean, people. My two older kids are going to hate Georgia.

It's Hot! from UMA STEINHAUER on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. winter coats! Jesus, it's already 100 degrees here. We're breaking records in Huntsville.

    ReplyDelete