Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Time for Bullet Blogging

-For the first time since Wil's return from a deployment a few years ago, and my second attempt ever, I'm Christmas decorating the house. This involves hand making fresh evergreen garlands and wreaths and lots of sewing. It is as much rewarding as it is painfully slow. We just got our tree last night and might be spending today decorating it.
-Wil continues to progress in his recovery. He still needs at least 15 pills a day to get by, but he's mostly independent around the house. Still can't bend at the waist, and he will not be able to for the next 3-4 months or so, but Chase is well-trained now in picking things up for him off of the floor.

Miss Chase needs her own section:
-She is the funniest little person on earth. She says and does things that constantly crack me up and is quite a little imitator. We have to seriously watch our language around her after we overheard her saying something that sounded dangerously similar to "oh, sh*t!" while trying to figure out a piece of her toy.
-Her clean vocabulary library is expanding at an alarming rate as well and she understands and complies with most of my requests and suggestions. Her favorite word right now: money. Caught her today with a $20-bill in her hot little hand, and her father had no idea how she snatched that out of his stash. Uh oh.
-My kid loves to booty dance, especially when she's simultaneously playing her piano and keyboard while singing at the top of her lungs. Double uh oh.
-Still sleeping 12-13 hours a night, eating like no one has ever fed her before, still has a giant belly to show for it even though she is thinning out everywhere else. It boggles the mind that we'll have a two-year-old on our hands in less than 5 months.
-If you ask her "Baby, what is your name?," you will get "Che," as an answer. I can never get a good video of her anymore because, as soon as she hears the beeping noise that signals that the power is on, she runs over and demands that I turn the screen around so she can see "Che, babiee," which is always accompanied by a pointing hand gesture to her chest just to make sure that Momma doesn't confuse her with other "Che Babiee."
-I think she has 7 teeth now and is working on a molar or two? I'm not sticking my fingers in there anymore--she bites.
-Still adores her brothers and loves to cuddle with them, although has a very soft spot in her heart for...cats. I don't even know what to do with that one. We have a few friendly kitties that roam the neighborhood that she gets to pet occasionally, and yesterday Wil caved and bought her a stuffed animal--a furry big Cat, whom Papa named Charlie and Chase called "Char". Both Brutus and Paddy have already tried to kill Char a couple of times today, which resulted him needing a quick bath to get rid of the slimy slobber. Keeping Char in one piece will be challenging.
-My lovely little child is going through her naked phase. She refuses to keep her pants on when we're home and is constantly walking around the house with her pants around her ankles. She asks to be "nekkid" when she's on a changing table, and as soon as the clothes come off before bath time, she dives into the boys' bed in her naked glory. I'm pretty certain it's the highlight of her day.
-She's convinced that every time I'm in front of the computer, I'm looking at pictures/videos of babies. In her defense, many of our friends are having kids left and right and I do spend a lot of time looking at pictures/videos of them. She always demand that I let her sit on my lap and show her some "babieeee."

Wil's turn:
-Uma has gotten over a pretty bad cold/flu thing that made her very miserable and those around her did not enjoy it either. She has been crazy about this whole decorating thing, but to her credit her wreath looks awesome and the felt food that she has sewn is pretty incredible. She is crazy with so many more projects that she wants to get done before Christmas I really cant wait to see them.
- I am procrastinating on finishing my Eng. class and really should get around to it. My problem is that I only get a few min. of mindful clarity between taking my meds. My professor has been very understanding. As soon as I start to read anything I fall asleep. With Uma under the weather and not feeling up to cooking I have had my choice of what to eat lately. Now since I can not be so mobile due to my surgery this is not a good thing. I must say the whole thing about putting on weight due to the holidays, yeah that's my excuse.

3 comments:

  1. Uma, I know a way you can satisfy Chase's babeee obsession... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wil, you and I, we must be genetically related. I fall asleep everytime I open a text book, without a help from any pill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase sounds like so much fun right now.

    ReplyDelete