Wil's back from his mission. I'm trying to get him to write a blog post about his experience because I was deeply touched by what he's shared. So far what I've got is "tell them to watch Taking Chance." I'll give him a few more days to rest and play golf before calling it quit on the nudging effort.
Chase was beside herself when she saw him. She woke up at 1 a.m. asking to come to bed with us, and Wil was just too tired to protest. I love that she always calls us "Ma-Pa" when she wants to address the parentals at the same time.
Chase: Ma-Pa, let's read "By the big red barn in the great green field..."
Me: No, Chasey, it's the middle of the night. Go to sleep. And stop kicking me.
15 seconds later as I try to fall back to sleep, I feel a little hand petting my head.
Chase: Momma, are you ok?
Me: Yes, Chasey. Just resting my eyes. You know, in the dark. Go to sleep.
Chase, grabbing my hand and pressing it on her cheek while putting a thumb in her mouth: Yes, Momma.
A long deep breath. Silence at last. Sinking my head into the pillow.
Chase: Ma-Pa, may I please have some warm milk?
Wil: Grrrrr....Z..Z...Z...
Me: Guess that means me. Yes, Chase, stay in bed and I'll be back with your milk.
Chase: Thank you, Momma. I yove you.
Me. You have got to stop being adorable at too-early hours in the morning.
One warm cup of milk later.
Me: Ok, Chasey, let's go to bed.
Chase: I sleep in Ma-Pa's bed.
Me: Clearly, you are not.
Chase: I wanna read the yummy soup book.
Me, checking the clock that says 1:32 A.M.: Would you go back to sleep after this book?
Chase: Ok, Momma (LIAR LIAR!!!)
One yummy soup book read.
Chase: Momma sing Chasey song on a chair? (She wants me to sit on her rocking chair with 25.8 lbs of her wrapping around my stomach and sing "I Will.")
Me: And you go to sleep, ok?
One very long song sung.
Me, tucking her into her own bed: Night night, Baby. Sweet dreams.
Chase: Snug as a bug in a rug.
Me: Yes, snug as a bug in a rug. I love you.
Chase: I yove you, Momma.
Now I'm really awake. Is 2:47 A.M. too late to take Unisome? And just in case anyone still wonders what stay-at-home moms do all day, Mari found a good answer.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


Oh I can SO relate, accept Christian wants to play with his animals generally (or also brings a book down from his room) in the middle of the night. Do all toddlers kick like crazy in their sleep?! Seriously, when Christian sleeps with us on those nights, I think I am the only one who doesn't sleep. How come husbands can sleep through it? :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, She is too cute, even at 1am ... I love the "snug as a bug in a rug".
I really like the Ma-Pa title. I think it's ingenious! I also like that you loudly sing "I will" in the wee hours. I wonder if baby Wren will obtain a new song or does this one go for the whole family?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE her name by the way. One of the best I've heard in a LONG time!
This is precious! Don't they just melt your heart? Even at 1 AM...how do they do it?
ReplyDelete